How much do you need to build your shopping cart
The investment is controllable if you choose to operate a shopping cart yourself. Invest more if your money is enough, less if you are shortage of money. It is different from other c2c platform, The large investment of DIY shopping cart is uaually one-off.
The least necessary investment:
- Domain name cost: approximately $10/year (Godaddy $10.69 per month)
- Host cost: approximately $100/year (Bluehost $7.95 per month)
- Shopping cart software: open-source $0
It will cost you only 110 dollars per year if you choose the open-source shopping cart software ,adopt default templet, update and promote the products and do the customer service yourself. Under the situation of buying the cheaper domain name and host ,the cost per year is less than 100 dollars.
The common investment:
- The cost of the domain name and the virtual host: approximately $100/year
- The cost of the shopping cart design: $300~$1600
- The copyright fees for the commercial software: $200~$300
The one-off common investment is about $600~$2000. Usually speaking, the charge is variable with the quality of design and manufacture.
- Domain name, Host, Shopping cart design, Shopping cart software: $1000~$3000
- Google AdWords: $100~$1000/per month
- Else AD charge
- Staff salary
- Company operating expenses
Generally speaking, the shopping cart of the big company needs more investment. In the investment structure, the cost of the shopping cart promotion and the staff salary account for the most proportion.